User Authentication Troubleshooting
Modified on: Tue, 4 Nov, 2014 at 10:28 AM
- The Windows Event log is a very useful tool. Please check both the Mi-Token (Authentication) and the
- System logs to identify errors with user authentication.
- Ensure that PAP is enabled in the IAS/NPS policy.
- Ensure that the RADIUS shared secrets on the IAS server and the remote-access device are the same.
- Ensure the user has remote-access permissions (Active Directory user properties Dial-in tab Allow access), or that IAS / NPS is configured to grant access regardless of said permissions.
If authentication is successful with the Mi-Token RADIUS PAP testing tool but not with your remote access appliance please check that the device supports long passwords and / or shared secrets as some appliances are known to truncate passwords / secondary password and / or shared secrets which will cause authentication to fail.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.